29 November 2008

Master Magicians of Mythological Metal!

Leeches of Lore join forces with Gnossurrus to rain down the Apocalypse on Evangelo's
Friday night!



I wanted this poster to be epic since both of these bands rock so hard, and I would love to see them together again in Santa Fe. Plus, I love doing posters and want to do more; maybe even get to do some for pay. I've done a few for Gnossurrus now, but this is my chance to make an impression on the Leeches and their fans.

I also wanted to get this poster out there for people to see. So, I employed a slightly different workflow from my norm. I scanned pencil sketches of the art and used Adobe Illustrator to digitally "finish" the art. I still prefer to have a more traditional, finished artifact. But, I'm happy with this piece. Even though my shortcut process took me not less than a week and a half from conception to completion.

No comments: