08 February 2008

Hit me with your best shot, Flier away

Up and coming Gods of Fantasy Metal, Gnossurrus,are reincarnated and having their first official gig Saturday, February 23rd at the CCA. Psyched as I could be for that fact alone; I am honored to have been asked to design a flier image to advertise the show.

This was a first treatment that I pulled together with pieces I'd originally developed for a fictional cd cover project for one of my classes.

Riffing on a theme, trying to keep the image basic for easy, (and cheap) reproduction. I like these for the wholly inappropriate sporting apparel evocation, (think izod Gnossurrus).

I was and, frankly, am delighted with this version, particularly with the happy accident in the lettering. But, with any luck the finished design might end up in the paper and this probably would not reproduce favorably on newsprint. So:

In a lot of ways, this is the most finished version. I'm happy to have revised it until I could get to this point.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those look really good!!!! i like the 2nd and last one the best. But i like them all...